CHARTREUSE IS THE BEST COLOR TO EVER EXIST EVER.
CARDBOARD UNICORNS ARE THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION.
ASIAN BALL-JOINTED-DOLLS TAKE 98.75% OF MY MONEY.
16-BIT RPG MUSIC MAKES MY KNEES WEAK AND BREATH HEAVY.
POKEMON. POKEMON. POKEMON.
ALL YOUR SHOTAS AND LOLIS ARE BELONG TO ME.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS IS IN BOLD.
Drawing Youtube Channel: Link
BJD Youtube Channel: Link
Flickr (for BJD photos) Link
>w< Oh hey! My name is Arkelle.
Thank you so much for visiting my page!
However, as my art isn't really for everyone, I would just like to explain some questions you may have or things that may concern some people beforehand.
- I enjoy using highly saturated or pastel colors and high contrast. I'm aware some people may consider it "retina burning" and unrealistic, and that is often times what i'm aiming for.
- My art style is in the realm of anime, and I like it that way. If I wanted to draw everything realistic I would draw realism and not anime.
- Generally speaking, I prefer to draw humans rather androgynous. This seems to upset a lot of people. If you are one of those people then kindly read the bolded segment at the bottom of this page.
- I like to draw things of obscure, obscene, or socially atypical subject matter to broaden my own and hopefully other people's perspectives.
- Please understand that my art used to tell a story, often from a specific person's point of view. What I write or draw in the context of fiction is not meant to reflect me or my personal opinions.
- I prefer to tell stories in a blunt, unguarded, highly emotional, and often a very graphic way, so my art may be a bit intense for you, which is understandable.
- I typically draw things pertaining to my own original stories and characters. I do not do fanart very often and I have no intention of changing that.
- I typically like to focus on characters whom (compared to modern day real life) would be a minority; those who may not look, act, think, or experience things in the same way as most people do currently in real life.
- I do not draw to be the best, to be the most popular, or the most original. I draw to learn, to experiment, to broaden my perspectives, to tell a story, to show beauty in things people might consider grotesque, and because art is the one thing in life I can honestly say I love.
If you do not like my art or the subject matter that it may pertain to, I completely understand. It isn't for everyone and I respect your opinion, but thank you very much for your time!
T///u///T And thank you to everyone who does honestly enjoy my art and stories and thank you so much for all the lovely kind words of praise and encouragement you all give to me.
I don't want to have to explain this anymore, so read this:
I love androgyny, and prefer to draw people that way. I like the idea of people being PEOPLE and not so severely separated by the roles or stereotypes in which we place upon gender. If you haven't noticed, I draw everyone "pretty" not just boys.
Saying that "boys aren't that pretty" is stupid when it comes to anime because if you haven't noticed, real girls do not look like anime girls either. Its not a realistic art style, and I think people have the right to interpret things in whatever way they want.
I personally prefer a more ambiguous interpretation of gender. To me, gender is just a thing. It doesn't define people exclusively, and honestly the way most people interpret it is just silly. Girls can be tough, boys can be weak. Girls can be "ugly" and boys can be "pretty". And if you think someone is less of a person (or that it somehow makes them not part of their own gender) for that then you are an idiot. If that offends you, leave. I'm not interested in hearing your stereotypical definitions of gender, and how men need to be buff and strong and women need to be in the kitchen. If that is what you think, again, you are an idiot.